Guaranteed to pass
Study When YOU Want
Over 4 Million Graduated Students
Driver Ed Designed With You In Mind
When teens are first learning to drive, they are highly receptive to important messages about the dangers of unsafe driving and driving while intoxicated. That is why it is so important for parents to get involved at this initial stage to ensure proper and thorough education to help set ground rules and instill good driving habits, as their teen takes on the responsibility of operating a motor vehicle.
- Get your Georgia Learner’s Permit
- Get your Georgia Drivers License
- Replace the need to sit in a classroom, with an easy to follow virtual course.
- Advanced Coaching beyond Driver’s Education
Review on a phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
Georgia Online Driver Education and Online Driver Ed Courses
Welcome to Georgia’s preferred source for online drivers education courses — DriverEdToGo.com! Whether you’re applying for your Georgia learner’s permit or intermediate driver’s license, we’re here to help.
- Georgia DDS Approved
- Available On Desktop & Mobile
- Same Day Certificate Processing
- Interactive Learning Experience
- 24-7 Customer & Tech Support
Get Your License With Georgia Online Drivers Ed!
If you’re between the ages of 15 and 18, there is a “graduated driver license (GDL) program” in Georgia. Our course makes getting your permit or first time license easy. The GA drivers ed course is 100% online so you control the pace and log in and out whenever you want to complete the program on your own time. What are you waiting for? The road is ready for you.
What Do You Need to Get a Georgia Learner’s Permit?
At age 15, you’re finally eligible to apply for a Georgia learner’s permit. You’ll want to make an appointment at a nearby DMV to apply for your permit, and there are several things that you’ll want to bring with you.
- Parent of Guardian Signed Consent Form
- Required Identification
- Proof of Your Residential Address
- Social Security Card
- Permit Fee – $10
- Certificate of Attendance From Georgia DDS
After presenting these materials, you’ll be ready to move on to a few important tests.
- Road Rule & Road Signs Exam
- Vision Exam
If you made it past both those test, then you’ll receive your Georgia learner’s permit. The permit is valid for 2 years, but you can still only drive with someone who is over 21, licensed, and in your passenger seat. You can apply for your intermediate license, after holding your learner’s for one year.
What Do You Need to Get a Georgia Driver’s License?
You have to be 16 to be able to apply for your Class D Georgia license, and there are a few other requirements as well.
- You must surrender your learner’s permit after holding it for 1 year and 1 day.
- You must provide proof that you completed Georgia drivers ed.
- Bring a copy of your Certificate of Completion.
- Bring your social security card.
- Bring proof of 40 hours of supervised driving experience with 6 hours at night.
- Your parent or guardian should complete the Parent Teen Driving Guide.
- Remember your Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program card.
- Pay a $10 license fee.
- Have your school notarize a Georgia DDS Certificate of Attendance.
Bring your parent/guardian, along with your learner’s permit and required materials to a Georgia DMV office. Now it’s time for a few more tests.
- Vision Exam
- The Official DDS Road Test
Make sure that the vehicle used in your road test is insured and registered. Pass those two test and you’ve finally received your first driver’s license in Georgia!
Georgia Intermediate License Restrictions
You may have your intermediate license, but there are still some restrictions that you need to remember.
- With your learner’s permit, a licensed driver who is over the age of 21 must ride in the passenger seat at all times.
- With your intermediate license, you can’t drive between Midnight and 6am unless there is a licensed driver in your passenger seat who is at least 21 years or older.
- With your intermediate license, you can’t carry passengers that aren’t family for the first six months.
- After six months with your intermediate license, you can drive one person who isn’t family and under the age of 21.
- Once you’ve driven with your intermediate license for a year, you can carry 3 non-family members under 21.
All of these restrictions go away once you turn 18 and receive your Class C driver’s license as long as you haven’t had any serious traffic violations within the last year.
Minimum Georgia Auto Insurance Coverage & Penalties
Hopefully, you know that liability insurance coverage is required for any vehicle you drive. If you don’t have any insurance and you’re pulled over, you can be fined. If you’re involved in a wreck without insurance, you could have your Georgia learner’s permit or provisional license suspended.
Drunk Driving, Cell Phone, & Text Messaging, Laws in Georgia
New drivers in Georgia should be aware of the traffic laws that affect them most.
One of the most serious violations is a Georgia Dui (.08) conviction and these are the penalties:
- Ten Days to One Year in Jail
- Fines Between $500 – $1000
- 1 Year Suspension of Your License
- One Hundred Hours of Community Service
Any more DUI convictions will mean that you can get additional community service, fines, or jail time. You could even get your Georgia license revoked.
Currently there aren’t laws banning cellphone use in Georgia, but it is still dangerous.
Is Georgia Online Drivers Ed For You?
To learn more about Georgia approved driver education courses and how you can opt out of the road test by completing a Georgia drivers ed course visit the Georgia DDS site.
Available on Any Mobile Device
Our course is 100% online and you can take drivers ed at your own pace. You even have the option to stop the course and start again at a more convenient time.
Get extra credit for students
Transcripts will be issued by our partner Orion High School. Therefore, Orion High School will issue 2.5 credits towards your high school graduation.
Take exam prep & pass permit test
Once you have passed the course and received your Certificate of Completion, you must pass the DMV written exam in order to get your learner’s permit.
Audio read along
Our read-along feature is an audio narration track that reads the course aloud as the student follows along with the text.
Why American Safety Institute?
ASI has been a leading provider in Driver Education and Traffic Safety Courses since 1992. Our courses have been studied, proven effective, and approved by the DMV.
Lowest Price Guaranteed
American Safety Institute is happy to offer you the best prices in the industry with no hidden fees. Just call or message us on our live chat, and we will match any competitor’s price.
Live Customer Support
Speak to a real person today. Our agents are here to help make sure you complete your course successfully!